The RN Care Manager will have primary responsibilities related to the Ryan White program and will coordinate services and monitor performance measures as defined by Program Manager and Executive Team. In this position, the RN Care Manager will perform case management and care coordination for RW patients. The RN Care Manager will audit HIV/AIDS patient records to ensure all grant and program requirements are met and will track relevant data for accurate bi-annual reporting and input into the Clinical Quality Program. This position must work within the scope of practice defined by the Mississippi State Board of Nursing and will assist as a clinical nurse in support of overall clinic operations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of advanced case management and nursing care management activities
- Knowledge of primary care office practices and medical standards
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS fundamentals, challenges and needs of the HIV positive population
- Ability to interact independently and as a member of a care team with a broad range of individuals from diverse economic, social and ethnic backgrounds
- Skills in conducting interviews to establish nature and extent of concerns/issues, conducting level of care assessments and psychosocial assessments and identifying patients’ barriers to care and adherence
- Ability to work with patients and care teams to formulate individualized care plans as per evidence-based guidelines
- Knowledge of patient advocacy systems and services to connect patients to community services
- Conduct outreach/prevention activities to include target audiences for minorities, women, adolescents, drug users and persons released from incarceration, including prevention for positives
- Participate as part of team huddles and other clinical team meetings
- Ability to conduct prevention, risk assessment and provide risk reduction counseling services
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and center regulations and policies to safeguard client confidentiality.
- Ability to compile all program activity reports
- Ability to provide excellent team-based patient care. Demonstrates tact, initiative and sound judgment under challenging circumstances
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong collaborative skills. Must demonstrate a strong commitment to team work among staff
- Must be proficient in documenting and charting within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Able to travel locally and periodic in-state.
- Physical Requirements: Position involves periods of sitting, standing and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds without restrictions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed in the state of Mississippi as a Registered Nurse
- Experience as a Case Manager is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Infectious Disease management preferred
- Practice within the legal and ethical boundaries of the RN Care Manager role
- Coordinates services to ensure the Ryan White program standards are being met
- Participates as a team member to help educate patients and staff about the basic standards and current practices for positive medical outcomes
- Provides exemplary customer service
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org