The role of the Registered Nurse (RN) is to function as a skilled professional nurse responsible for assisting the provider in the Community Health Clinic and/or in the School Clinic setting. The RN must work within the scope of practice defined by the Mississippi State Board of Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of nursing procedures and practices
- Knowledge of primary care office practices and procedures
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients/students, family/parents, providers, coworkers and the general public
- Ability to perform job duties in an effective and appropriate manner according to practice standards
- Must be able to organize and use time and resources effectively
- Must be able to follow and give oral and written instructions clearly and precisely
- Must be able to keep patient/student and staff information confidential
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the work day
To qualify for this position the employee will be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed in the state of Mississippi. They must be able to demonstrate a caring attitude and helpful approach toward all patients/students. Experience in a primary care medical office practice, school clinic, community health or public health setting is preferred but not required. Reliable transportation is necessary.
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- May be required to work beyond normal work hours and in other positions as necessary
- Performs within the legal and ethical boundaries of the role
- Provides essential job functions to maintain safe and effective day-to-day services
- Participates as a team member to help achieve nursing goals, clinical measures and customer satisfaction
- Performs clinic vaccine coordination duties, including MIIX/VFC and private stock vaccine inventory management per the CFHC Vaccine Management program.
- Assists with the oversight and administration of of walk-in vaccine visit within a designated clinic.
- Assists with pediatric audits and recall efforts for well-child visits and vaccine adherence schedules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org