The Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) Navigator/Care Coordinator position works across selected Coastal Family Health Center (CFHC) locations to increase awareness and activities that support the goals of the REACH project. This position serves as a navigator to pregnant and post-partum mothers and provides referrals for breastfeeding support and tobacco-free living support. This includes educating and linking patients to existing resources in the surrounding community. Navigator/Care Coordinator is also responsible for providing social service support to patients to include referrals management, development and monitoring of individualized Plan of Care.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the practices, theories and principles of patient navigation and outreach activities.
- Ability to interact independently with a broad range of individuals from diverse economic, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to assess the status of patients and their family members, and to formulate and implement a plan to connect patient with identified REACH resources.
- Implement the Baby & Me Tobacco-Free program in select CFHC locations and enroll mothers and their family members in the program.
- When applicable, make electronic referrals to the Mississippi Tobacco Quit Line.
- Actively participate in all REACH HFMB coalition activities to include outreach events and activities in the community.
- Promote REACH Healthy Families, Mothers & Babies (HFMB) goals and activities among the patient population at all CFHC locations through outreach and patient navigation.
- Travel to and attend required local and regional meetings.
- Coordinates activities with other outreach workers.
- Ability to articulate the mission of CFHC through his/her works.
- Requires independent judgment and skill in utilizing supportive, problem solving or crisis intervention techniques when working with individuals and families.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs in use by CFHC.
- Complies with all HIPPA and center regulations and policies to safeguard client confidentiality.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service. Demonstrates tact, initiative and sound judgment under challenging circumstances.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong collaborative skills. Must demonstrate a strong commitment to team work among staff.
- Physical Requirements: Position involves prolonged periods of sitting, standing and the ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Social Work is required. Case management experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Adhere to the ethical principles to guide professional practice.
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic compliance with and support for the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Participation as a team member to help achieve clinic goals, clinical measures and customer satisfaction.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com