The X-Ray Technician is to perform radiological duties in compliance with CFHC policies and procedures and any federal or state legal requirements. The Technician assists in patient care procedures and help patients feel comfortable during the entire patient care process. Additional requirements may include performing selected administrative and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of patient care management under the direction of a healthcare provider or clinic practice manager. The X-Ray Technician must work within the scope of his/her practice as described within this job description and the demonstrate competencies consistent with their knowledge and skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Possess knowledge of and demonstrate skills necessary to protect patients and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Ability to develop and process radiological film.
- Ability to ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and know procedures for reporting any equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to log completed radiological procedures and to complete other paperwork accurately and on time.
- Know when and to whom to file reports as required.
- Ability to maintain x-ray room and stock necessary radiological supplies.
- Makes suggestions to improve work methods and patient care procedures.
- Must be willing and able to train new employees as necessary.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, providers, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to perform job duties in an effective and appropriate manner according to practice standards.
- Demonstrate ability to organize and use time and resources effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize Health Information Technology (HIT) systems.
- Must be able to follow and give oral and written instructions clearly and precisely.
- Must be able to keep patient and staff information confidential.
- Must be willing to perform additional duties as assigned by the clinic’s practice manager or other supervisory personnel.
- Demonstrate willingness to support CHFC organization goals and objective.
The employee must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and hold a current X-Ray Technology certificate or license from an accredited program approved in Mississippi. Employee must be willing to attend continuing medical education courses at the request of CFHC. He/she must be able to demonstrate a caring attitude and helpful approach toward all patients and staff members. Experience in a primary care medical office practice, community health or public health setting is preferred but not required. Reliable transportation and a valid Mississippi driver’s license are required.
- Appropriately prepares patients for radiological procedures.
- Demonstrates skills necessary to protect patients and staff from radiation exposure based on industry standards.
- Accurately develops and processes radiological film.
- Performs lead apron integrity checks at the end of each day.
- Accurately ensures that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains the stock necessary radiological supplies
- Maintains the integrity and cleanliness of the x-ray room.
- Accurately documents all findings in specified locations within the patient’s chart.
- Ensures that quality controls are accomplished as directed on radiology equipment.
- Files/scans/imports reports as required in a timely manner.
- Consistently demonstrates tolerance and a nonjudgmental attitude towards all patients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates effective listening skills when a patient expresses a grievance or complaint.
- Respects and supports the Patient’s Bill of Rights by demonstrated behaviors consistent with the document.
- Organizes task and uses time effectively
- Completes special duties/projects as needed.
- Functions as an effective team member
- Uses a caring and courteous voice tone, to patients, family members, providers and co-workers in all communications.
- Accurately performs x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be required to occasionally work beyond normal work hours and to rotate into other positions and clinics as necessary.
- Employee is subject to prolonged standing and walking.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resumes with the position applying for on the subject line to email@example.com