The Primary Care Provider (Physician or Advanced Nurse Practitioner) will be responsible for assessing, planning and initiating the care needed for the Adult and/or Pediatric populations served in the various communities served by Coastal Family Health Center. The provider will be guided by the established protocols adopted by the CFHC Medical Staff to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Educated with both academic and clinical preparation suitable for Provider role.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, coworkers and other customers.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service and relationship skills.
- Knowledge of current practice standards, including CLIA, HRSA, Joint Commission, OSHA and other local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ability to organize work, develop procedures, conduct and evaluate audits using outcome measure or indicators.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidential documents and information.
- Ability to teach and help to orient new team members
- Ability to provide leadership and inspire staff.
- Critical thinking skills based on solid judgment and data.
- Ability to lead a primary care team.
- Understands providers are subject to frequent interruptions and workload pressures.
- Understands providers may be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases.
- Understands providers may be required to work beyond normal work hours.
- Understands providers may work under stress with deadlines.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
Graduated from an accredited college/university and obtain a valid license in the state of Mississippi. Must meet all other requirements defined by the Chief Medical Officer of Coastal Family Health. Individual must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Practices within the legal and ethical boundaries of the role.
- Demonstrates accurate assessment skills based on patient history and other available data.
- Prepares an appropriate written plan of care.
- Initiates the implementation of the written plan involving the patient, family and other appropriate team members.
- Ensures there is a follow up plan in place for continued monitoring (if needed).
- Maintains accurate EMR records ensuring timely entries.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of patient information.
- Prepares reports or follow up requests from colleagues/patients in a timely manner.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Clinical protocols based on evidence-based medicine, when requested by Chief Medical Officer.
- Provides physical exams or appropriate procedures in a safe manner according to procedure.
- Effectively communicates updated medical information related to clinical outcomes to appropriate staff members.
- Participates as a team member to achieve quality clinical outcomes.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Performs other related activities as appropriate for providers.
Please submit resumes with the position apply for on the subject line to email@example.com