The role of the Patient Service Representative (PSR) is to function as a multi-skilled, technical person responsible for customer service, electronic patient registration/data processing, patient scheduling, revenue control and to serve as support personnel to the clinical staff members. The PSR will work within the scope of his/her job description using the demonstrated competencies consistent with the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge as well as medical office standards and practices.
- Ability to work and professionally communicate with patients, providers, coworkers, visitors etc.
- Ability to accurately record and input data in an EHR system and other overlay systems.
- Competent in both oral and written English.
- Skills to organize and use time and resources effectively.
- Ability to multitask and work with interruptions.
- Ability to provide effective customer service/communication skills within the work environment.
- Ability to function independently and within a group.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions timely and accurately.
- Ability to keep patient and staff information confidential.
- Ability to multitask throughout the day and work under pressure.
- Ability to navigate insurance needs of patients.
- Ability to count/balance/manage money for services rendered and perform cash drawer tending responsibilities.
- Ability to travel to other sites, if needed without notice.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
|To qualify for this position the employee will be a graduate of an accredited high school or in receipt of a GED certificate; medical office experience preferred, but not required. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a caring and positive attitude. Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team. Bilingual a plus but not required, unless hired in that additional capacity.|
Please submit resumes with the position applying for on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org