The role of the Patient Service Representative (PSR) is to function as a multi-skilled, technical person responsible for customer service, electronic patient registration/data processing, patient scheduling, revenue control and to serve as support personnel to the clinical staff members. The PSR will work within the scope of his/her job description using the demonstrated competencies consistent with the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and practices.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, providers, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to perform job duties in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and use time and resources effectively.
- Must be able to utilize Health Information Technology (HIT) Systems.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions timely and accurately.
- Ability to keep patient and staff information confidential.
- Ability to function as an effective and productive team member.
- Ability to travel to other sites, if needed.
- Ability to work with computerized medical record system.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the work day.
- To qualify for this position the employee will be a graduate of an accredited high school or in receipt of a GED certificate; have experience in medical office practice or related setting. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a caring, positive attitude toward all people.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information; ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to accurately record and input numbers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resume to email@example.com