|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge as well as medical office standards and practices.
- Ability to work and professionally communicate with patients, providers, coworkers, visitors etc.
- Ability to accurately record and input data in an EHR system and other overlay systems.
- Competent in both oral and written English.
- Skills to organize and use time and resources effectively.
- Ability to multitask and work with interruptions.
- Ability to provide effective customer service/communication skills within the work environment.
- Ability to function independently and within a group.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions timely and accurately.
- Ability to keep patient and staff information confidential.
- Ability to multitask throughout the day and work under pressure.
- Ability to navigate insurance needs of patients.
- Ability to count/balance/manage money for services rendered and perform cash drawer tending responsibilities.
- Ability to travel to other sites, if needed without notice.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
To qualify for this position the employee will be a graduate of an accredited high school or in receipt of a GED certificate; medical office experience preferred, but not required. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a caring and positive attitude. Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team. Bilingual a plus but not required, unless hired in that additional capacity.
- Provides professional customer service when scheduling or communicating with patients and visitors.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Works cooperatively with the clinical staff to coordinate patient schedules and maintain patient flow.
- Maintains an orderly and organized work area.
- Performs required tasks according to written procedures and is consistent with established processes for assigned job role.
- Must document and update data in the electronic record in a timely manner.
- Tracks and documents charges and money received from the patient, when assigned.
- When required, provides accurate and timely information to patients and clinical staff to include messages.
- Returns phone calls in a timely manner providing requested information.
- Arrive on time and follow daily assigned schedule.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resumes with the position applying for on the subject line to email@example.com