This is skilled work in the field of healthcare office practice with language appropriate communication.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical office appointment practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of current practice management system and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with clinicians, colleagues, supervisory staff, patients, and the general public.
- Must be able to organize and use time effectively.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to give language appropriate oral instructions.
- Must possess the ability to communicate (language appropriate) clearly and precisely and have excellent telephone courtesy and etiquette.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the work day.
Graduation from an accredited high school, or receipt of a GED certificate; experience in a medical practice office or an equivalent setting; demonstrated ability to perform duties; demonstrated caring attitude and approach toward patient care.
- Conducts language appropriate communication with all patients.
- Using the computer, makes appointments for providers.
- Conducts initial registration interviews with all new patients.
- Verifies income, family size and third party reimbursement eligibility.
- Sets up patient account by inputting information provided in the initial interview into the computer.
- Sets up insurance screen with information provided in the initial interview.
- Makes copies of income statements, health insurance cards, Medicaid cards and identification cards.
- Explains fee system and assigns payment status.
- Signs registration form for accountability.
- Assists nurse with language appropriate translation during intake.
- Assists services provider with language appropriate translation.
- Provides patients with language appropriate provider instructions and follow-up appointments.
- Answers telephone, screens calls (language appropriate) and takes messages.
- Performs other duties as requested/required.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com