This is skilled work in the field of Optometry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of optometry practice and procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize time and organize materials.
- Ability to effectively work with Optometrists, colleagues, patients and the public.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability and desire to work as a team member.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during the workday.
- Ability to travel without assistance and as needed.
- Skill in understanding of, and sensitivity to, persons of all cultural, social, educational and economic backgrounds.
Graduation from an accredited high school or G.E.D. certificate; demonstrated experience in a optometry office practice or an equivalent setting; demonstrated ability to perform position duties.
- Perform preliminary interviews, exams, and procedures.
- Sterilizes eye instruments adequately and follows proper infection control protocols.
- Accurately charts on the CFHC Optometry Chart.
- Prepares patient rooms for eye examinations and procedures.
- Performs any reversible situation under the direct supervision of the Optometrist.
- Assists the receptionist by making appointment and answering the phone; assists in calling patients to remind them of their scheduled appointments.
- Accurately completes the health history on each new patient.
- Monitors the supply levels and prepares purchase requisitions as required.
- Maintains operative equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com