|This is skilled, technical work in the field of laboratory techniques. This person performs, or assists in performing, clinical laboratory tasks as regulated by law, administrative tasks, and select tasks involving patient contact.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of hematology and chemistry.
- Good knowledge of the operation and care of standard laboratory equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare reports on the results of laboratory findings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with department heads, other employees and the general public.
- Knowledge of basic lab procedures and practices.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with patients, providers, coworkers and a diverse population.
- Ability to perform job duties in an effective and appropriate manner according to policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all cultural, social, educational and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to organize time and activities effectively and efficiently.
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Must be able to follow and give oral and written instructions clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to keep patient and staff information confidential.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
|To qualify for this position the employee will have completed a certified phlebotomy course or the equivalent/more advanced. They must be able to demonstrate a caring attitude and helpful approach toward all patients. Experience in a lab setting is preferred but not required. Reliable transportation is necessary if asked to work in another Coastal Clinic.
- Maintains knowledge of test, techniques and instruments to keep laboratories with state of the art practices.
- Maintains lab supplies and inventory through initiating purchase requisition procedure.
- Participates in research projects as requested.
- Gathers samples.
- Performs routine lab tests using standard laboratory equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory utensils and equipment.
- Receives written requisitions from physicians for routine and specific laboratory tests and performs tests.
- Sets up and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Obtains laboratory specimens for processing such as urine, blood, and aspirates directly from patients.
- Prepares slides for use in microscopic analysis, if applicable.
- Posts test findings on laboratory result slips for study by physicians.
- Identifies and labels specimens.
- Files reference or research specimens and reports.
- Performs related work as required.
- Meets all requirements, rules and regulations of CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments).
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resumes with the position applying for on the subject line to email@example.com