Performs clinical laboratory procedures in assigned areas, and serves as the laboratory coordinator/advisor to all other laboratory personnel and the Chief Medical Officer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, other health providers, vendors and employees within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with persons of all educational, social, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to organize and prioritize time to ensure effective operation of laboratory.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and a positive attitude when dealing with resources outside the facility.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information and records.
- Supports, participates in, and assists in the development of quality assurance activities so standards of practice can be maintained.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the workday.
An Associate’s degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician or related field, three years of experience in clinical laboratory, and eligibility for certification from the American Society of Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent certifying agency.
- Serves as a primary resource for information and operation to all other lab personnel.
- Provides ongoing information to the Medical Director which would facilitate problem solving and promote a more effective delivery of care.
- Records and reports accurate lab findings to appropriate providers in a timely manner.
- Ensures that each specimen is accurately labeled and processed.
- Completes encounter forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs routine tests without supervision with a high level of accuracy.
- Performs calculations, develops methods of reagent preparation, and prepares reagents for use in routine and special testing.
- Obtains and prepares specimens for transport to other labs, according to procedure and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, in accordance with infection control guidelines.
- Dates supplies and routinely monitors for out-of-date stock and appropriately determines whether to discard and/or restock.
- Promotes and practices safely behaviors according to safety and disaster procedures.
- Repeats test procedures that appear to be erratic, out of control, life threatening, or contaminated.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of test theories, techniques, principles, and instruments to keep laboratory with quality practices.
- Oversees the student and new hire learning experience to ensure laboratory compliance.
- Creates purchase requisitions in an effort to maintain laboratory supply inventory.
- Maintains an accurate and complete lab log and files.
- Participates in self-evaluations and attends appropriate continuing education offerings.
- Travels to other clinics as needed to survey and assist in laboratory operation workflow and to ensure consistency in laboratory practices.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com