Under general direction, the janitor cleans all areas of Coastal Family Health Center administration, pharmacy, and clinic areas by performing routine cleaning of patient rooms, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors. The janitor will demonstrate ability to utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure and in compliance with workplace safety and infection control policies and OSHA guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of environmental services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in various situations.
- Ability to work independently, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to complete work assignments safely, accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to handle difficult situations in a courteous and helpful manner.
Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or have received a GED certificate. Must be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to demonstrate a caring, positive attitude toward all people. Employee may be required to work with hazardous materials and must have an understanding of the utilization of these items in a safe manner.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Preforms all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Facilities Department.
- Preforms routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing, lab, radiology areas, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, etc. in compliance with CFHC and Joint Commission policies and procedures.
- Preforms detailed cleaning of the exam rooms by following checklist or as instructed by Operations/Facilities personnel.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
- Utilizes chemicals and supplies according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Assists visitors with directions whenever required.
- Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
- Reports safety hazards timely.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area while safeguarding self and others.
- Replenishes supplies.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, Standard Precautions, and isolation precautions.
- Maintains safety, infection control, and quality standards when performing job duties.
- Works shifts as assigned.
- Ability to do work on his/her own with little supervision.
- Observes safety precautions at all times.
- The ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read, understand, and comply with equipment operation manual.
- Cleans and maintains carpet and tiled floors by using heavy equipment to clean, strip and wax floors on a rotating basis.
- Cooperate with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives, maintain good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
- Must be able to bend, reach, and stand for extended periods of time and to lift heavy objects/materials.
- Must be able to work with hazardous chemicals and use personal protective equipment when needed.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Also, must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.