The Health Information Technology (HIT) Specialist-EPM reports directly to, and under the strategic guidance of, the Director of Quality Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to think proactively and function independently.
- Team oriented with a desire to learn new skills quickly.
- Proven written and oral communication skills to ensure effective training presentations to staff.
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and communicate them clearly in a verbal or written format while maintaining confidentiality with sensitive data.
- Ability to utilize a variety of technology to conduct staff training.
- Knowledge of Electronic Practice Management (EPM) system.
- Knowledge of billing requirements and advanced Accounts Receivable functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot EPM systems.
- Ability to complete timely infrastructure needs assessments in a variety of non-traditional environments.
- HIPAA privacy and security laws.
- Ability to travel to various clinics, trainings, and/or seminars as required by Quality Director.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions; must be flexible with training schedules.
- Ability to work beyond standard business hours as a part of CFHC’s vision as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Ability to audit transactions for documentation compliance, risk of loss
- Ability to develop and implement training plan to address deficiencies and areas of non-compliance.
Experience in the health-care industry, billing and coding, and A/R practices highly regarded. Degree or certificate from an accredited institution in Health IT, Health Informatics, or a related field preferred. Management Information Systems, Information Technology, and other technical backgrounds will be strongly considered.
- Works with Quality and other HIT core experts to maintain and achieve project goals by researching and testing systems.
- Conducts training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, workflow, and reports; understanding of job specific functions and tasks.
- Conducts EPM audits on new hires and clinics in order to assess documentation strengths and weaknesses, as well as additional training needs.
- Provides on-site and remote clinical/PSR staff support.
- Designs training manuals by identifying and describing IT training needs using desktop publishing.
- Serves as an interface between technical and clinical staff while ensuring quality service by enforcing organizational standards.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve and implement system processes.
- Develops training material, lesson plans and training schedule for EPM system.
- Provides classroom and on-site training for EPM system.
- Certifies as a super-user of implemented EPM systems.
- Identifies and promotes the effective and efficient use of HIT systems.
- Serves on teams and committees as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.
Please submit resumes with the position applying for on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org