This is advanced supervisory work in the field of dentistry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Examines patients, and develops and explains treatment plans.
- Serves a minimum of 14 patients per day.
- Maintains proper records of services rendered.
- Provides patient instructions.
- Prescribes as needed.
- Makes appropriate referrals for continuing care.
- Provides oversight to services rendered by ancillary staff.
- Actively participates in oral hygiene instruction, and promotes the importance of preventative dental care.
- Provides office fluoride treatment and supplemental fluoride treatment as appropriate.
- Performs any required restorative dental services.
- Performs exodontic services as time, resources, and priorities allow.
- Performs endodontic services as time, resources, and priorities allow.
- Evaluates requests for emergency care and provides emergency care as appropriate.
- Abides by the standards of conduct established by the American Dental Association
- Assists the Dental Director in terms of the scope of services, facilities, staffing and supplies
- Performs other duties as requested/required.
Graduation from an approved school of dentistry; current State of Mississippi license, as issued by the Board of Dental Examiners; unrestricted prescribing privileges; experience in a professional dental capacity, preferably in community or public health; and demonstrated ability to perform position duties.
- Ability to effectively function within a system of care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patient, colleagues, other Center staff, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use time and materials.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Skill in representing the Center in the dental community and serving as an advocate for patients.
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance in an effective manner.
- Skill in understanding, and sensitivity to, patients of all educational, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during the working day.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com