The Call Center Supervisor is responsible for managing, coordinating, directing, and reporting on the daily operations and staff of the centralized call center. The consolidated call center is responsible for the scheduling of over 200,000 patient appointments annually and is required to coordinate and communicate on a daily basis with the clinic practice managers and medical staff coordinator in order to ensure proper scheduling protocols are being followed. The Call Center Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring all required non-appointment calls are documented on approved forms and in the Electronic Health Records. Performs additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in call center operations.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Ability to work and lead subordinate personnel in a high stress work environment.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to the team to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, the clinical care team and the general public.
- Ability to perform job duties in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, to organize tasks and to use time effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions timely and accurately.
- Must have knowledge of scheduling requirements within current Electronic Practice Management system.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and have the ability to de-escalate potential disruptive situations.
- Must have the ability to keep accurate records.
- Must be competent and have strong organizational skills.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to work in a production focused environment are a must.
Ability to manage multiple priorities or tasks, deliver timely and
accurate work products with a customer service focus, and respond with urgency as required.
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration or other related field of study is preferred but equivalent work experience is acceptable in lieu of degree. Ideal candidate will have at least two years call center experience as a scheduler and/or supervisor, but not mandatory. Must be proficient in Practice Management and EHR HIT systems. Must be experienced in managing staff; possess excellent communications skills, extremely organized, capable of working in a fast-paced environment and able to communicate effectively. Problem-solving skills are a must. Ability to motivate and develop staff is a necessity.
- Acts as liaison between call center staff and clinic staff to communicate needs, resolve issues, and collect information.
- Monitors call statistics on daily, weekly and monthly basis, to track and minimize abandoned calls, track call volumes, and time to answer.
- Plans and schedules work for the Call Center Operators and MAs, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing needs are met for the Center.
- Ensures optimum performance of all personnel assigned to the Call Center.
- Monitors random inbound calls to improve quality, minimize errors and track performance.
- Recommends changes to the call tree and phone system configuration for the benefit of improved efficiency and customer service.
- Handles the most complicated inquiries and complaints. Serves as a point of escalation.
- Assists with the development and ongoing appropriate training specific to the functions and skills required of the Call Center Operators. Provides recurrent training of personnel consistent with the safety and operational needs of the department.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Call Center staff and sets standards for job performance and applies them consistently with guidelines for training and provide feedback to employees.
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly and reports and issues or malfunctions to the IT Department immediately.
- Assists in reinforcing positive customer satisfaction for the patient and family as well as internal customers of the Center.
- Participates in the organization’s Quality Assurance programs.
- Must provide the very best customer satisfaction to patients and co-workers at all time in a professional and courteous manner.
- Actively keeps environment clean and safe with a professional and welcoming image.
- Always treats customers as welcome guests and provides a warm and sincere greeting.
- Consistently presents a professional appearance in dress and grooming by adherence to dress code policy.
- Effectively and regularly demonstrates the values of the organization.
- Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA Privacy Rule) policies and procedures.
- Adheres to policies/safety practices established by CFHC.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- May require frequent bending of knees and back.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel to different locations for meetings as required.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company
standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
- Performs related tasks and other duties as requested or required.
Upholds, complies with, and enforces the Core Principles and Code of Conduct.