The role of the Behavioral Health Specialist is to function as part of a Care Team and to provide a wide range of behavioral health services including counseling, health education and care planning for children, families and adults in the context of a multicultural community health center.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and behavioral health counseling principles, methods, procedures and standards
- Ability to explain medical and mental health information to patients
- Ability to develop and present culturally sensitive educational information to patients and their families
- Ability to evaluate the progress made on Care Plan compliance and to make individual modifications
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patient rights and clinicians’ behavioral expectations
- Knowledge of community mental health and social service resources and strong contacts in the community
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a culturally competent manner with ethnically, culturally, and sexually diverse clientele
- Demonstrated fluency and clarity in written communication
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, lift climb stairs and move intermittently during the work day
Ability to manage own schedule and work independently and as part of a Care Team
- A graduate degree in social work, counseling, or psychology.
- Mississippi licensure is preferred.
- Experienced in the provision of behavioral health services to children and families.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Performs within the legal and ethical boundaries of the role
- Provides essential job functions to maintain safe and effective day-to-day services
- Participates as a Care Team member to help achieve Mental Health Department goals, clinical measures and customer satisfaction
- Provides excellent customer service
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Some travel may be required among clinics
- May be subject to frequent interruptions; must be flexible
- May be required to work beyond normal work hours and as part of a patient-centered medical home team.
To apply please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org